Appendix G | Data Request for AC Interference Study: Railway Company
- Provide scaled maps of the track system that parallel the path of the new 345 kV line. Maps should indicate railroad mileposts, road crossings, catenary structures, and signal locations, including road crossing names.
- Identify main and side track circuits along the path of the 345 kV transmission line, including start and ending locations.
- Identify any rail yard that exists along the path of the new 345 kV transmission line.
- If the railroad is electrified, provide scaled maps of the power distribution system, including locations and one-line diagrams of electrical substations.
- If the railroad is electrified, provide the following information: distribution (electrified supply) cable/conductor size and composition, electrical insulator continuous voltage rating and BIL (Basic Insulation Level) rating, location and applicable ratings of surge andlightning arresters; list and ratings of substation equipment, including grounding details; electrical one-line diagram of the electrified railroad car’s power and traction system, including ratings of electrical equipment.
- If the railroad is electrified, provide typical grounding details of catenary structures, including typical footing resistance.
- Typical range of ballast electrical resistivity for the track system; typical thickness or range of thickness of the ballast.
- Unit length of the rails.
- Unit weight of the rail.
- Size of rails.
- Size and composition of ties.
- Provide the following for each manufacturer: insulating joints, electrode or other type of signal, electric lock, batteries, relays, tuned joint couplers, narrow band shunts, and wide band shunts.
- Specify the range of impedances: inductance for electric locks, electrodes or other type of signal circuits, capacitance for narrow and wide band shunts and tuned joint couplers.
- Provide location of track surge arresters, manufacturers, rated capacities, and destruction rating currents.
- Provide location and grounding details of track equipment housings.
- Briefly describe the approaches for each crossing.
- Provide physical layout of all communication systems along the path of the new 345 kV transmission line.
- For communication cable systems, provide the following: type of cable, size of cable, high voltage rating of cable insulation and manufacturer of cable system.
Please provide the name, telephone number, FAX number, and e-mail address of a resource person who can respond to inquiries related to the data requested above.