SESImpedance is a graphical tool for computing the Internal Impedance of arbitrarily shaped conductors.
This straightforward application combines an intuitive and easy to use drawing interface with a powerful computation engine (based on the Finite Element Method). The program fully accounts for skin effect to calculate the internal impedance per unit length of long conductors of constant cross-section, with arbitrary geometry and composition.
SESImpedance is an object-oriented application that makes the modeling of complex conductors very simple for beginners and advanced users:
- Import drawings from SESCAD or create them directly in SESImpedance.
- Use the built-in Material Database to specify the material type of the various parts of the conductor.
- Control the Computation Parameters such as frequency or meshing density.
- Specify data in various systems of units.
With SESImpedance you can very quickly build your model and obtain the value of the internal resistance and reactance for conductors such as:
- OPGW: with different material types.
- Stranded cables: comprising many sub-conductors.
- Rail tracks or elliptical cables: non-circular conductors.
SESImpedance also computes the characteristics of an equivalent conductor of circular cross-section, making it possible to use SESImpedance results in applications that are restricted to circular conductors.